If you’ve considered the advantages of a Flexible Manufacturing System (FMS) for your CNC machining operation but don’t think you have the necessary floor space, Okuma has a solution for you. The company’s newest Pallet Pool System connects select Okuma machining centers, including 5-axis machines, to enable automatic part handling and pallet changes.
The system is extremely flexible:
- Various pallet options can be arranged either in line with the Z axis or transversely in line with the X axis to accommodate your process flow
- The systems can be retrofitted to select Okuma machines
- Compact construction and single level storage system means the systems fit in even tight spaces
- Standard load station can be manually rotated around its vertical axis and locked at 90º intervals
- The Pallet Pool Control (PPC) fully integrates with the Okuma THINC®-OSP control for error-free operation
- All critical information is displayed at the operator load station to save worker time