5 Reasons the Nomura Swiss Style Lathe is Right for You
Gosiger is pleased to compliment its broad line of CNC machine tools with the Nomura brand of Swiss-style turning machines. Nomura is a leading manufacturer of turning centers with more than 50 years of experience building precise, reliable CNC machines.
Among the unique design and construction features of the Nomura machines are:
- Spindles made from SCM415 Chrome Molybdenum that are heat treated on the outside for durability while the inside is hardened to a different degree, thereby enhancing stability and strength.
- The guiding system design uses a linear guide with preloaded roller pads. This construction enables the headstock to move smoothly and accurately, while the sliding mechanism absorbs much of the harmonic vibrations caused by high-speed rotation of bar stock.
- To further reduce vibration, the main tool holder slide is guided by dovetailed slides that move on a thin film of oil.
- To achieve greater surface smoothness and flatness Nomura uses a 200-year old hand scraping technique called Kisage that produces an ultra-precise surface with sub-micron unevenness of less than 0.0001mm.
- A proprietary outboard tool pre-setter with a tool holder and 10X microscope simplifies accurate tool setting by adjusting the cutting edge in the X & Y axial direction, and the blade end for the Z-axis. The result is faster, more accurate tool setting than with typical Swiss-style lathes.
For more information contact Gosiger, Inc., the exclusive North American distributor for Nomura Swiss-style CNC turning centers.