Automation Solutions Suitable for any Size CNC Shop
Two serious challenges for many CNC shops are reducing cost-per-part and finding skilled CNC machine operators and machinists. Both problems can be addressed by applying automation solutions.
Some CNC shops, however, believe that automation is beyond their reach, thinking that all such solutions are complicated, large scale and expensive systems. Fact is, automation solutions for CNC shops range from something as simple as using an automatic bar feeder with a turning machine , to highly complex, custom designed automated systems – and there are many options in between.
As an example, this video introduces a number of automation solutions that are easily connected and managed through the Okuma OSP control, including:
- A unique work handoff system that enables machining of 6 sides of a part with no operator touches
- External conveyor belts that move parts from the Okuma CNC machine
- The Load & Go robotic machine tender that loads and unloads parts and requires no robot programming knowledge
- Automatic tool changers that reduce setup time
- Automatic pallet changers that enable fixture setup and restocking while machining continues uninterrupted
Gosiger automation experts work closely with CNC shops of all sizes to find solutions that improve productivity. Simply contact your nearest Gosiger facility to find an automation solution that precisely fits your needs.