Gosiger Automation Products & Services
The core of any robotic automation system is, of course, a high functioning, flexible and reliable robot. That’s why Gosiger Automation uses Fanuc, ABB and Kuka industrial robots. Equally important is the ability to seamlessly integrate these robots into a manufacturing system. With hundreds of successful systems installed over nearly thirty years, and the deep manufacturing knowledge of a 90+ year old, family-owned machine tool distribution company behind us, Gosiger Automation is uniquely qualified for this task.
Standard Robotic System Designs
For basic machine tending applications Gosiger Automation developed three standardized approaches that incorporate reliable, well-proven designs that can be implemented more quickly and affordably.
- Compact Robot Cells: Designed to handle small parts up to five pounds, service a single machine tool and eliminate operator pacing. To enhance the system’s ability to handle a wide variety of parts, we can incorporate automatic part inspection and machine vision in a small footprint. Programming and changeover are quick and easy by design. Customer case studies, Glacier Tool and Loveridge.
- Modular Drawer Cells (MDC): Ideal for CNC shops making a first move into robotic automation and for many typical part-making applications. The compact MDC automates up to 2 mid-size CNC lathes, grinders and machining centers by enabling you to queue parts in a heavy duty, large capacity drawer system before and after machine processing. Simple templates enable you to maintain part position and orientation. Accommodates a wide variety of parts weighing up to 20lbs. The spacious drawer system holds part payloads up to 400 lbs.
- Flexible Pallet Cells: Work directly from hardwood pallets with robot models that can accommodate parts weighing up to 250 pounds and service multiple machine tools. These robotic systems can totally eliminate manual part handling by utilizing machine vision to locate and pick parts from the pallets, load and unload machine tools and return finished products to a pallet. If the product is stackable, the robot can transfer plywood or similar separation layers from pallet to pallet.
Automating sophisticated manufacturing processes that include complex parts, multiple machine tools and other factors requires more than a standardized solution. That’s why Gosiger Automation takes a “clean sheet of paper” approach. We consider your specific challenges and needs, and then determine the appropriate system functionality, cell control, data collection and ergonomics necessary to provide the best possible result.
As the name implies, each custom solution is unique to the specific needs of the customer. Here are a few examples of recent custom automation systems designed, built and installed by Gosiger Automation.
Gosiger Automation Systems Services
- Customer needs analysis and automation recommendations
- System pre-engineering, layout design and analysis
- Robotic system simulations
- Mechanical design engineering
- Electrical controls design and programming
- Custom HMI design
- Equipment interface consultation and Design
- Complete System Integration and programming
- System installation and startup
- Comprehensive documentation
- Training and post installation support
Gosiger Automation uses Fanuc, ABB and Kuka robots; and Allen Bradley and Siemens based control systems.
The Gosiger Automation Process
How we work with you to develop a robotic automation solution that fits your requirements perfectly.
Why Robotic Automation?
An in-depth look at the top 7 benefits.
Return On Investment
Dollar and cents examples of how robotic automation provides excellent ROI.