Technical Project Manager
Under minimal direction, the incumbent is responsible for the overall delivery of a project; from proposal sign-off to customer acceptance. Serves as the customer contact – presents project status, manages the project change process, manages customer expectations, escalates issues as appropriate, handles billing/invoice issues, and identifies opportunities for follow-on work or new projects. Escalates issues that impact timing or budget to management, and works with Operations Manager for additional resources as needed during project life cycle.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Review customer specifications
- Contact vendors/sub-contractors for equipment proposals
- Coordinate special equipment with suppliers (Fanuc, etc.)
- Review new orders and POC / budget documents
- Create project compliance matrix to determine ant gaps between customer statement of work and Gosiger Proposal
- Attend/conduct kick-off meetings
- Build/maintain project schedules
- Act as primary customer liaison for scheduling
- Act as primary department/customer liaison for technical information exchange
- Purchase (order) / coordinate major project content with suppliers
- Act as primary department/vendor liaison for technical information exchange
- Track outstanding / long lead items / expedite suppliers
- Provide inputs as necessary for MAS200 Data
- Utilize Open Order Report (to be developed by GIT) to monitor materials receipts
- Coordinate Project build with shop personnel & engineering
- Monitor/report manpower plans
- Monitor/report materials availability for shop build
- Coordinate customer runoffs (schedule, requirements, preparations, etc.)
- Manage equipment runoff acceptance/contract paperwork
- Coordinate equipment packing and shipment
- Coordinate equipment shipments/installations internal (team) and external (customer)
- Coordinate/monitor project dates with engineering, team and accounting – pay points/progress payments
- Monitor/report/track/manage ‘Scope of Work’ adjustments – ECO’s
- Monitor distribution of documentation by others
- Other Responsibilities
- Coordinate product returns/credits/exchanges
- Coordinate BOM/Option modifications with suppliers/builders
- Primary contact for customers seeking post-installation service and support
- Support job audits, Lessons Learned, and Post-Mortem project closure documentation
- Maintain robot inventory/coordinate with accounting
- Coordinate Risk assessments for installations
- Based on business need: assists, supports and/or performs administrative support duties for other areas, units or departments.
- Continuously reviews current processes and procedures, and searches out improvement methods to reduce waste, rework and unnecessary work that adds no value
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or the equivalent in formal training and experience.
- Minimum 5 years in Project Management in a manufacturing environment or for machine tool capital equipment with engineering upgrades and services.
- Must have a strong mechanical/technical aptitude.
- Expert User/PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite programs and Project Management Software such as Microsoft Project, Smart Sheet.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills. Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
- Superior interpersonal communication skills and customer relationship building.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to travel, at approximately 20%; must have or be able to obtain and maintain a valid passport for out-of-the-country travel.
- Must be able to drive and have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Office & manufacturing work environment which includes; moving mechanical machine parts, potentially loud equipment, with exposure to a variety of non-hazardous and hazardous chemicals and airborne particles.
- Hands-on work with machine tool equipment.
- CRT viewing and key entry
- Internal/external customer communications with vendor contact
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and education and an excellent benefits package. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume via email to email@example.com or call 937-228-5174.