Service Technician - Gosiger
Position is responsible for performing troubleshooting, problem solving, preventative maintenance, service and repair of machine tools at customer site and on company facility. Incumbent performs all job functions in a high quality, efficient and timely manner. Incumbent works as a member of a team and assists team members as required. Makes recommendations to supervisor on process improvements to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Performs troubleshooting and problem solving of CNC Machine Tools.
- Performs high quality, efficient and timely machine/tooling installation as assigned.
- Performs high quality, efficient and timely repair and preventative maintenance as assigned.
- Incumbent ensures high quality levels/standards in all work performed and follows all safety procedures and requirements.
- Trains & instructs customers, and internal team members, on proper installation, service/repair procedures for current & new equipment/machines and processes.
- Consults with other team members, internal departments and/or external vendors to resolve issues related to installation and service/repair.
- Accurately documents, completes and reports required information for work records and reports.
- Continuously reviews current processes and searches out improvement methods. Recommends modifications and improvements to machine/equipment, processes and procedures.
- Based on business need, assists, supports and/or performs other job functions within department or other work area’s within scope and ability.
- Responsible for maintaining current technical, interpersonal, and communication skills through continuous development. Progressive development of skills should be cultivated through further education, seminars, company training and other external resources such as reading material
- Responsible for calling our customers to notify them of our estimated time of arrival for each service job before showing up onsite. If the job assignment is for the next business day, please call customer the business day before.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the troubleshooting, installation, and repair of Machine Tools Products.
- Associates Degree or certification in the troubleshooting, repair and installation of CNC Machine Tool Products.
- A valid Drivers License, a good driving record, and the ability to “legally” operate a company “Service” vehicle or personal vehicle for company business.
- You may be required to drive your personal vehicle for business until a company vehicle is assigned.
- Demonstrated application and commitment of customer satisfaction.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain professional conduct when dealing with customers, peers, builder representatives and suppliers.
- Demonstrated self-starter and effective planning and organization skills.
- Ability to participate as a member of a team, crossing department and divisional lines.
- Ability to use PC and job related software/programs for programming, documentation/record keeping.
- Physical demands: continuous; bending, stooping, standing, climbing, step stool climbing, lifting up to 50lbs, lifting greater than 50lbs with assistance, pushing and pulling.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and evening hours as required by customer.
- Must be able to travel in support of training, out-of-state or out-of-country customers, and assist other divisions as required to support business demand. Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Passport.
- Ability to obtain a major credit card i.e. American Express, Visa, or Master Card, based on your own personal credit history to utilize for business expense and occasional travel requirements. Gosiger provides business expense reimbursement within 2 weeks of submission and approval.
Work uniforms are company provided. Manufacturing work environment which includes; moving mechanical machine parts, potentially loud equipment, with exposure to a variety of non-hazardous and hazardous chemicals and airborne particles. Hands on work with machine tool equipment. CRT viewing and key entry. Internal/external customer communications with vendor and supplier contact. Employee requirement to utilize Gosiger and customer safety guidelines and procedures. Lifting up to 50lbs, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, standing, climbing, step stool climbing.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and education and an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-228-5174.