The Service Coordinator role is responsible for building strong relationships with our customers and our internal field Service Technicians. Responsible for daily dispatching and schedules for Service Technicians, the incumbent exudes excellent communication, customer satisfaction, and organizational skills.
The Service Coordinator is primarily an in-house resource to provide customer support both externally & internally. Scheduling and maintaining the data in our service business system is this position’s main focus. The Service Coordinator must have exceptional internal/external (customer/co-worker) relations. The ability to react as a professional in adverse conditions & conflict regarding scheduling and customer complaints is a must. This individual must be compassionate & empathetic to customers’ needs while still maintaining Gosiger’s bottom line. A general understanding of a CNC service organization’s inner workings is required. This position will work closely with the Service Manager to ensure the department maintains an optimum level of performance & customer satisfaction.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Receive all service schedule-related phone calls / Service Group emails from the Call Center and respond in a timely manner.
- Assure that the appropriate technician is dispatched. Communicate with the customer concerning the job status and our ETA.
- Maintain the service schedule in conjunction with the Service Manager and track open jobs from beginning to end.
- Coordinate with Sales Dept. and schedule all new machine installs.
- Provide proper installation preparation information to the customers prior to the installation date.
- Review all machine installation sheets prior to machine installation and makes sure Service Eng. is properly prepared for the job at hand.
- Process all the install paperwork/backups back to the manufacturer.
- Assist with service parts orders:
- Work with parts division referring to part orders from technicians in the field.
- Assure part orders are on job correctly for processing.
- Keep in contact with both the technician and the customer regarding all ongoing parts-related issues.
- Maintain and track all warranty and exchange parts.
- Work with the parts department to track in-house inventory (i.e. board kits and tools) as they are moved on and off the job.
- Stay involved with any in-house installations, retrofits or turnkey projects. Coordinate these tasks with other involved parties.
- Make sure our supplier information is entered correctly in their business system and closed out as needed.
- Help develop and maintain a user-friendly system to inventory and control all books and miscellaneous parts that come with new machines that are installed on Gosiger Showroom Floor. Provide and file all inventory paperwork for future reference to the next location.
- Review work orders from field Service Techs on a daily basis; review with Service Manager as needed and process (APB).
- Manage basic administrative service duties that contribute to timely invoicing and collections.
- Helps maintain the accuracy of the Technicians' time prior to payroll dates.
- Works with HR/Corporate as needed for any special customer requirements (i.e. insurance coverage, passports, visitor’s badges, etc.)
- Helps maintain the uniform ordering as needed.
- Helps provide orientation training for new service techs.
- Works with corporate on any phone or PC-related maintenance, ordering or follow-up.
- Travel to the other Gosiger Offices for meetings or training as needed.
- Continuously reviews current processes and searches out improvement methods. Recommends modifications and improvements to processes and procedures.
- Based on business need, assists, supports and/or performs other job functions within department or other work areas within scope and ability.
- Responsible for maintaining current technical, interpersonal and communication skills through continuous development. Progressive development of skills should be cultivated through further education, seminars, company training and other external resources such as reading material.
- A general understanding of a CNC service organization’s internal workings is required.
- Good Customer Service Skills.
- Ability to maintain professional conduct when dealing with customers, builder representatives and staff.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint along with a willingness and aptitude to learn new software programs as required.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Customer Service: directly servicing the needs of customers and/or properly recommending alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal Skills: effectively communicating, building rapport and relating well to all kinds of people.
- Planning/Organizing: effectively preparing, prioritizing and tracking of tasks at hand.
- Written Communication: effectively communicating through written media including a good command of the English language, grammar, punctuation, etc.
- Creativity/Innovation: the ability to come up with creative and sometimes unconventional solutions to common problems.
Administrative work environment with frequent exposure to showroom floor activities and occasional exposure to a manufacturing work environment which could include moving mechanical machine parts, potentially loud equipment, etc. Continuous exposure to internal/external customer, vendor, and supplier communications.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and education and an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-228-5174.