Sales Engineer - Gosiger
Under general supervision, the incumbent is responsible for driving Machine Tool sales and value added services to current customers and prospect development. Incumbent is accountable for driving Machine Tool revenue, turnkey revenue, training revenue, margins, profit and growth. Incumbent is accountable for account development, management, and develop and maintain strong customer relations. Incumbent interacts with inter-company departments for team support and assistance.
Essential Accountabilities and Measures
- Develops and maintains a strong working knowledge of Machine Tool industry and all products and services sold. Maintains thorough knowledge of competitor products to ensure Gosiger is on the cutting edge of technology. Communicates to customers the Gosiger competitive edge known as the “Gosiger Advantage”.
- Responsible for prospecting and territory management.
- Responsible for phone prospecting of new potential customers. Activity can be performed while traveling and/or during scheduled office time.
- Responsible for determining customers, and prospects, needs and solutions; maintains daily face to face time with customers/prospects each day. Determines Gosiger’s ability to provide a solution that meets their needs.
- Meets annual quota expectations ensuring acceptable margins and profit; maintain consistent territory market share relative to builder requirements.
- Manages critical projects through installation and ensures customer satisfaction through initial run off’s. Ensures continued communications and up to date feedback to/from internal team to customers.
- Maintains a strong teamwork relationship with all internal customers; division sales teams, Service/Rebuild, Applications Engineering, Product Support/Parts, and Training.
- Develops and maintains strong customer relations with current customers and builds relationships with prospects.
- Meets/exceeds assigned annual revenue and profit margin goals.
- Maintains business expenses within budget.
- Performs account management daily through the Gosiger CRM; Infor; cost estimates/proposals, project management, coordinates schedules, tracking and monitoring, issue follow-up and resolution.
- Incumbent ensures timely payment of customer accounts, host customer visits at headquarters or at appropriate supplier site, and perform standard product demonstrations.
- Manage and maintain a customer/prospect database using the Gosiger CRM; Infor; provides sales forecasts and related reports as required. Reports on customer/call activity weekly and highlights accomplishments and following week sales plan.
- Provides an annual business plan for strategic planning.
- Responsible for maintaining current technical, interpersonal, and communication skills through continuous development. Attends and actively participates in company sales training classes.
- As a member of the Gosiger Sales Team; trains, assists and supports other team members within Gosiger on problem solving and meeting division/company goals. Continuously reviews current processes and searches out improvement methods to improve product/process quality, reduce waste, rework and unnecessary work that adds no value to the work or process.
- Based on business need, assists/supports in other job functions within department, division and/or company within scope and ability. Assumes accountability and responsibility for assigned projects and programs
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, or the equivalent in experience and formal education/training.
- Minimum 3 years in position of consultative sales in the Machine Tool Industry.
- Must have a strong mechanical/technical aptitude.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills. Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills and customer relationship building.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and time management.
- Demonstrated application of basic computer skills.
- Strong initiative, competitive nature and strong goal orientation. Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a valid passport for out-of-the country travel.
- Must be able to drive and have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must be able to obtain a personal credit card for business expense. Gosiger Inc. reimburses approved expenses weekly via direct deposit.
- Ability to travel by automobile and air plane.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk through customer manufacturing facilities.
- Office & manufacturing work environment which includes; moving mechanical machine parts, potentially loud equipment, with exposure to a variety of non-hazardous and hazardous chemicals and airborne particles.
- Monitor viewing and data entry using assigned lap top computer or mobile application
- Internal/external customer communications with vendor contact
- Some overnight travel with customers for corporate or builder visits
- Travel by automobile or air plane
- Frequent Standing
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and education and an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-228-5174.