Proposal Engineer - Engineered Systems Division
Upon the identification of an opportunity, the Proposal Engineer will identify and collect information relevant to the production of a customer proposal. The incumbent utilizes the team approach through consulting with the Manufacturing Engineering and Process Engineering Teams as well as vendors/suppliers for work holding and tooling. Incumbent develops a ‘best approach’ to the application and analyze associated risks, generates a project budget and proposal for the lead generating sales team and prospective customer. Incumbent works alongside our internal sales distribution channels as well as directly with the end user during the life-cycle of the opportunity.
Career path potential to; Manufacturing and Process Engineering Management roles, Sales Management roles and distribution Machine Tools Sales Engineer.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Receive and compile project information from Gosiger Distributor Sales Engineer and generates initial list of questions
- Work close with Manufacturing and Process Engineering teams to ensure the correct process is being considered
- Work with outside vendors for obtaining quotes for content to be included within proposal
- Collaborate with team on project risk assessment
- Generate recommended engineering process approach and project summary and reviews with Gosiger Distribution Sales Engineer
- Collaborate on estimated cost budget with Gosiger Distribution Sales Engineer
- Schedule calls as needed to discuss project with the customer/end-user and Gosiger Distribution Sales Engineer
- Works closely with customer/end-user and Distribution Sales Engineer to ensure conceptual process and work towards a final proposal through Support phone calls / customer visits to review current process approach
- Ensure the speed to proposal is within established guidelines
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to existing and prospective customers
- Talk with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and determine the proper solution offering
- Recommend improves processes or equipment to customers in an effort to show how these changes will lower costs and or increase production
- Compile project related information
- Schedule meeting with Project Management Manager to review project scope in an effort to determine the requirements from a process implementation standpoint; labor requirements, machine tool, work holding/tooling, programming, run-off’s and delivery schedule, etc.
- Prepare final Proposal
After Receipt of Order (Internal Kick-off):
- Compile all information in preparation for internal kick-off – parts list, machine(s) included, manufacturing process, fixture concepts, etc.
- Following established procedures and initiate the internal kick-off – deliverables of project, establish budgets and margin targets, etc.
- Generate system requirement documentation – including process flow, (internal / external) run-off criteria, etc.
- Lead the internal kick-off meeting and convey project expectations to team
- Support resolution to initial questions from PMO or the Engineering Team
Customer / Distributor Kick-off:
- Attend on-site kick-off at end-user location (or GoToMeeting)
- Support technical overview of the content included within proposal
- Support initial RAIL (Rolling Action Item List) document discussions with the customer
- Work to address any commercial concerns that might arise during meeting
- During life of project attend distributor / end-user meetings as required in an effort to reduce the requirement for engineering team to attend
- Support any customer request from a project scope viewpoint
- Attend technical sales events performed by suppliers and internal events – Okuma, Hardinge, etc.
Incumbent is required to:
- Maintain a technical fluency with Gosiger Engineered Systems services. Gosiger CNC machine tool product lines and associated parts manufacturing processes.
- Incumbent must maintain a strong technical relationship with distribution partners and end users.
- Maintain a technical understanding of current and past manufacturing process applications as can be applied to future opportunities
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned based on scope of work and skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS or BAS); electrical, mechanical or manufacturing engineering, or equivalent work experience
- A Minimum of 10-years hands-on experience in machine tool products, options and functions, understanding and application of Machine Tool programming, program modification, and set-up, statistical with process and evaluation criteria i.e. CPK, well versed in geometric tolerances, ability to read and interpret blue prints, design and develop processes for machine tool equipment.
- Experience in using SolidWorks Software for concept design/layout
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with GD&T related to product design in a CNC production environment
- Demonstrated professional personal presentation skills, customer/supplier interviewing skills, excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills, sound judgement and good business sense
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Sense of urgency, self-motivated, and sensitivity to timeliness
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Passport. Gosiger reimburses for expense.
- Must have a valid driver license, a clean driving record and ability to obtain and maintain a passport.
- Must be able to travel up to 30%, but can vary depending on business needs
Administrative work environment with extended hours viewing/using computer and monitor. Frequent exposure to manufacturing process floor where manufacturing processes are being built and operated. During travel exposure to customer manufacturing floor and operations.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and education and an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-228-5174.