Proposal Engineer - Automation
Upon the identification of an opportunity, the Proposal Engineer will identify and collect information relevant to the production of a customer proposal. The incumbent and regional manager will use the team and supplier resources to develop a ‘best approach’ to the application and analyze associated risks, generates a project budget and proposal for the prospective customer. Incumbent works alongside the regional manager during the life-cycle of the opportunity.
Senior Proposal Engineer provides a lead role/Project Management Role during the pre and post sales activities through quoting, proposal and project implementation. Under minimal direction the incumbent provides technical expertise to internal/external customers ensuring customer development, retention and satisfaction.
Career path potential to; Automation Region Manager, Robotics Applications Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, and PLC/HMI Design
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Receive and compile project information from Distributors
- Generate a project summary
- Generate initial list of questions and discuss with the regional manager
- Schedule a call with the distributor point of contact
- Schedule a call with the end-user to better understand project goals
- Generate recommended automation approach with regional manager
- Work close with mechanical / electrical engineering team to ensure the correct mechanical / electrical content is being considered
- Work with outside vendors for obtaining quotes for content to be included within proposal
- Collaborate on cost budget with regional manager
- Collaborate with regional manager and engineering manager on project risk assessment
- Generate automation proposal
- Generate automation concept layout (3D SolidWorks)
- Review automation layout with regional manager and engineering teams
- Support phone calls / customer visits to review current automation approach
- Compile project related information
- Schedule meeting with technical project manager
- Review project scope with technical project manager in an effort to determine the requirements from a system build standpoint, programming, delivery schedule, etc
After Receipt of Order (Internal Kick-off):
- Compile all information in preparation for internal kick-off – parts list, machine(s) included, manufacturing process, fixture concepts, etc.
- Schedule internal kick-off
- Generate system requirement documentation – including process flow, (internal / external) run-off criteria, etc.
- Support regional manager during internal kick-off
- Generate initial questions from technical project management, mechanical / electrical engineering team
- Generate initial RAIL (Rolling Action Item List) Document
Customer / Distributor Kick-off:
- Attend on-site kick-off at end-user location (or GoToMeeting)
- Support technical overview of the content included within proposal
- Review initial RAIL document with customer
- During life of project attend distributor / end-user meetings as required in an effort to reduce the requirement for engineering team to attend
- Support any customer request from a project scope viewpoint
- Attend technical sales events performed by suppliers – ie, Fanuc, etc
- Supports safety risk assessment review
Incumbent is required to:
- Maintain a technical fluency with Gosiger Automation robot products, Gosiger CNC machine tool product lines and associated parts manufacturing processes.
- Incumbent must maintain a technical relationship with distribution partners and end users.
- Maintain a technical understanding of current past robotic applications as can be applied to future opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS or BAS); electrical, mechanical or manufacturing engineering
- Familiarity of industrial manufacturing and/or mechanical/electrical design internship with some hands-on experience
- Demonstrated electro-mechanical aptitude
- Training and experience in using 3D SolidWorks Software for concept design/layout
- Knowledge/familiarity with industrial robots and CNC machine tools
- Familiarity with GD&T related to product design in a CNC production environment
- Demonstrated professional personal presentation skills, customer/supplier interviewing skills, excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Sense of urgency, self-motivated, and sensitivity to timeliness
- Must have a valid driver license, a clean driving record and ability to obtain and maintain a passport.
- Must be able to travel 10 to 15% of time
Administrative environment with extended hours utilizes computer/monitor. Frequent exposure to assembly floor where robot cells are built and operated. During travel exposure to customer manufacturing floor and operations.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and education and an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-228-5174.