Process Engineer - Engineered Systems Division
Under minimal direction provides Turnkey hands on activities from machine arrival, runoff at Gosiger and acceptance at customer site. Provides technical expertise to internal/external customers ensuring customer development, retention and satisfaction. Incumbent performs customer machine set-up, programming, and run off’s. Designs and develops machine programming processes to create parts(s). Is responsible for customer machine operation and program training to ensure optimum efficiency and equipment utilization. Incumbent provides Applications troubleshooting phone support as required.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Incumbent ensures high quality levels/standards in all work performed and follows all safety procedures and requirements.
- Performs hands-on turnkey processes from machine arrival thru acceptance at customer site.
- Performs process development and optimization as required.
- Participates and assists in kickoff meetings per availability.
- Participates and assists with the internal status meetings per availability.
- Operates, programs and utilizes Zeiss CMM.
- Understands, follows and performs CNC Safety Programming.
- Performs tooling & fixturing set-ups, programming, and run off ensuring optimum cycle time based on established acceptable criteria.
- Interprets part prints and utilizing tooling and fixturing knowledge, designs and develops machine programming process to create part(s).
- Provides on-site and in-house customer training on machine operations and basic troubleshooting. Ensures customers are trained to perform machine operations in an efficient manner.
- Travels to customer site; locally and as required, out-of-state to support customers.
- Creates and maintains records including documentation and reporting for machine & programming processes.
- Provides on going feedback on workholding and tooling performance.
- Assists in project management ensuring timely follow-up and follow through on all assigned tasks & projects.
- Performs projects and tasks within assigned timeframes.
- Attend and participate in sales, service, company, and customer meetings as requested.
- Responsible for maintaining current technical, interpersonal, and communication skills through continuous development. Progressive development of skills should be cultivated through further education, seminars, company training and other external resources such as reading material.
- Based on business need, assists, supports and/or performs other duties within scope and ability. Assumes accountability and responsibility for assigned projects and programs.
- Two-year degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related field; or the equivalent in formal course work & work
experience; or work experience equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of machine tool products, options and functions.
- Must have experience and application of Machine Tool programming, program modification, and set-up, statistical; G and M Code programming from scratch; process and evaluation criteria i.e. CPK, well versed in geometric tolerances, ability to read and interpret blue prints, design and develop processes for machine tool equipment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a vehicle. Bureau of Motor Vehicle Background Checks are a requirement.
- Demonstrated business writing and documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter and effective use of organization and planning skills.
- Demonstrated Project Management Skills.
- PC literate and skill efficiency in job related software/programs.
- Ability to participate as a member of a team, crossing department and divisional lines.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of time, on occasion 80%, in support of final run-off’s and training after machine tool installation. Travel includes out-of-state or out-of-country customers, and assist other divisions as required to support business demand. Eligible for ESD Travel Bonus. While traveling, every effort is made to have incumbent home on weekends; except out of country travel or west coast.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Passport
- Office & manufacturing work environment which includes; moving mechanical machine parts, potentially loud equipment, with exposure to a variety of non-hazardous and hazardous chemicals and airborne particles.
- Hands on work with machine tool equipment.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs based on tooling and accessories
- Standing for extended periods of time at Machine while programming, operating, run-off’s
- Computer data entry, program reviewing and monitor viewing.
- Internal/external customer communications with vendor contact
- Frequent overnight travel to customer sites.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and education and an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume via email to email@example.com or call 937-228-5174.