Manufacturing Engineer - Engineered Systems Division
Under minimal direction provides technical expertise to internal/external customers for parts processing for Turnkey processing. Performs pre-sales and post-sales support. Interprets part prints and utilizing tooling and fixturing knowledge, designs and develops machine programming processes to create part(s). Provides turnkey-support from kickoff to acceptance.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Participates in project kickoff meetings
- Provide pre-machine arrival “front end” engineering work
- Define technical aspects of cutting process, tooling, and workholding
- Order tooling and workholding in a timely manor
- Insure approval prints are accurate and complete
- Insure tooling and workholding procurement is on time
- Assist Process Engineers with debug as needed
- Assist Process Engineers with CNC programming as needed
- Support runoff gage activities in Dayton as needed
- Support Turnkey Sales as needed
- Turnkeys are primarily performed on Okuma CNC lathes and machining centers. Most Turnkeys are for customers with mid to high volume manufacturing cells. Approximately 15% Travel will be required. Most Manufacturing Turnkey Engineering work is performed in the Dayton, Ohio facility with some travel to customer sites to assist PE’s with troubleshooting.
- Associates or Bachelor Degree in a related Engineering field preferred
- CNC Programming skills including variable & macro programming, Okuma control experience, interfacing and optimizing gage feedback systems, Probing routines and Automation related CNC programming. Hands on experience in setting up CNC lathes and/or CNC mills in a job shop or high volume manufacturing facilities.
- Ability to interpret part print tolerances and process parts accordingly.
- Computer literate and ability to use job related software/programs for programming, documentation and record keeping. AutoCAD Skills, 3-D software skills (Solidworks) experience desired but not required for consideration.
- Demonstrated business writing and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated Project Management Skills.
- Ability to participate as a member of a team, crossing department and divisional lines.
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving history.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Passport. Gosiger reimburses for passport expenses.
- Ability to travel by plane and/or vehicle for company travel up to 35% of the time. Eligible for ESD Travel Bonus.
- Ability to obtain a major credit card ie. American Express, Visa or Master Card, based on your own personal credit history to utilize for business expense and occasional travel requirements. Gosiger provides prompt business expense reimbursement after approval and submission
Office & manufacturing work environment which includes; moving mechanical machine parts, potentially loud equipment, with exposure to a variety of non-hazardous and hazardous chemicals and airborne particles.
Hands on work with machine tool equipment.
CRT viewing and key entry
Internal/external customer communications with vendor contact
Overnight travel as required to customer sites
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and education and an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume via email to email@example.com or call 937-228-5174.