HR Manager - Corporate
The HR Manager, Generalist, facilitates the management of all aspects of Human Resources operations to support the companies Mission and Values. Responsibilities include; applicant sourcing, recruitment, interviewing, hiring, performance management, employee relations, succession planning, HR Information Systems (HRIS), and compensation administration including job analysis. Incumbent serves as a coach to all levels of the Gosiger Management team. Incumbent performs all job functions with a high degree of confidentiality, judgement and decision making. Work hours must be flexible to West Coast and Northern State Time Zones.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Non-exempt/Hourly Recruitment, Behavioral Interview, hiring/on-boarding
- Sources and recruit candidates through the Gosiger Careers Page, LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter, Indeed, Joint Vocational Schools, Technical Institutes, Community Colleges, University of Dayton, Wright State University, Miami University, University of Cincinnati, and colleges located within each division location. Provides introduction email to candidates prior to interview.
- Works closely with joint vocational schools for recruitment. Schedules company tours and presentation. Follows up closely with students and interviews for school/work program for the Automation Electro-Mechanical Assembly Team.
- Participates in local Job Fairs as well as those located around remote division locations.
- Interview; Behavioral focused Interviews; face to face and phone. Hiring managers perform the technical interview.
- Travel to all division locations to establish relationships with community college resources.
- New hire processing/on-boarding and documentation through PAYCOR Set up; preparation of offer letters, new hire packets, receipt of completed paperwork, new hire set up forms. Benefit Coordination to Benefits/Safety Coordinator and/or Events Coordinator.
- Non-exempt/Hourly Performance Management
- Develops close working relationships with managers for the recruitment of their open positions and performance management of their team. Provides coaching and guidance.
- Generates Monthly reminders to Management of direct report review dates
- Reads all Non-exempt Performance Reviews; flags training requirements for follow up and developmental needs, from reviewing manager requests clarification and supporting documentation for Superior and Below Expected performance ratings.
- Approves and processes Merit Increase when within the stated merit increase guidelines and pay ranges; deviation to policy increases are reviewed and approved by HR Business partner. Submits compensation changes in accordance to payroll schedule.
- Maintains electronic copies in HRIS System of all employee performance reviews, communications from manager to HR, and notice for merit increase.
- Maintain job descriptions in a current and accurate state: Write job descriptions as required, ensure “specialty” jobs are not manufactured for an incumbent; most positions can be expanded or minimized to accommodate a specific skill.
- Compensation; Survey participation, salary analysis and market comparisons, merit increase processes
- Policy Administration
- Maintain and Provide assistance and support to review, update, maintain, and communicate all HR policies and procedures, employee handbook, etc. Maintains the HR Form electronic file.
- Policy research, development and implementation
- Maintain HR Data Base all employee listing and department/job reporting through transition to the full HRIS System. As a member of the HR Team; participate in the full employee cycle implementation, maintenance and communication of the HRIS System. Incumbent is to be an expert of the HRIS with ability to generate reports.
- Staff/Employee reporting by company, division, position, hire dates, salaries, industry experience, etc.
- Maintains current a compensation analysis work sheet in Excel for all Field Service Technicians.
- Maintains current the Staffing Report in SmartSheet for; open positions, positions on hold, new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations. Report is utilized by all managers, and primarily CFO.
- Maintains current the company organization charts utilized for communications, annual budgeting process by finance, and annual organization review. Reporting to Finance is by October 15, 2019.
- Maintains current the Employee photo directory for Paycor upload and the owners use. Updates are required for new hires and terminations. Works closely with Receptionist for this project.
- Maintains current the SmartSheet Employee Mobile Phone Switchboard Listing . Works closely with Receptionist for this project.
- Maintains and processes a turnover report by division and rolls up to overall turnover by Gosiger Holdings Inc. on May 31st and December 31st each year.
- Manages Corporate driven training requirements thru the vendor, Everfi, i.e.; California State mandated Sexual Harassment Training. Ensure’s new hires are notified of training and follows up to ensure all employees participate according to State guidelines.
- Works closely with HR Business Partner on Immigration/Visa issues and processes
- Assists HR Benefits/Safety Coordinator in Customer Compliance Questionnaires; expedites a variety resources prior to completion.
- Assists HR Benefits/Safety Coordinator in performing benefit administration job functions during peak work periods, vacation, absence, travel and during annual open enrollment.
- Assists HR Benefits/Safety Coordinator in performing Workers Compensation administration duties during peak work periods, vacation, absence, travel and during peak reporting periods. Works closely with Coordinator for all Field Service and Automation work related injuries and time off.
- Ensures each division location is current with State and Federal Posters. Required postings can be reduced to 8.5 x 11 to all fit on one bulletin board.
- Works closely with Payroll Manager on employee issues involving compensation and terminations.
- Performs phone employment verifications for title and date of hire, date of termination. Process written employment verifications with appropriate written approvals and waivers.
- As required and based on business need performs other job tasks and functions within scope and ability.
- Acts as the back-up to Payroll for payroll processing during vacations and absence.
- Provides assistance and back up support to HR Business Partner during absence.
- Full HRIS Implementation, coordination and implementation. Implement performance management, on-boarding, applicant tracking.
- Assist with definition and implementation of on-boarding procedures across all divisions for new hires in each position
- Bachelor Degree
- Minimum of 5-years experience in the recruitment of technical and administrative positions
- Minimum 5-years experience in compensation analysis, job description development, recruiting
- Superior interpersonal communication skills, oral and written
- Superior judgement, decision-marking, and problem solving.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Organization structure planning
- Project management skills.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and education and an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-228-5174.