Electrical Controls Engineer - Automation
Incumbent performs electrical controls design and system PLC& HMI programming for automated systems.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Create and optimize electrical design drawing packages using ACAD Electrical software.
- Create, write and optimize PLC and HMI programs.
- Ensure proper documentation is completed for all designs and any modifications to the original design.
- Assists with the assembly of special projects (Fanuc Robots, Okuma Interfaces, etc.)
- At all times ensures work area is clean and orderly. Maintain a clean work environment.
- Performs ordering and expediting materials for projects and customer service orders.
- Requires travel to customer site; locally, out-of-state and out of country.
- Ensures all activities are done safely and follows procedures and guidelines when working in a production environment.
- Continuously reviews current processes and procedures that make it easy for internal/external customers to do business with department/division.
- Ensures processes and procedures allow efficiency in work performed.
- Based on business need, assists, supports and/or performs other job functions within department or other work area’s within scope and ability.
- Responsible for maintaining current technical, interpersonal, and communication skills through continuous development. Progressive development of skills should be cultivated through further education, seminars, company training and other external resources such as reading material.
- Electrical engineering degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the troubleshooting, design and programming of electrical industrial motor and logic control systems.
- A valid drivers license, a good driving record, and the ability to legally operate a vehicle for company business.
- Have Strong working knowledge of Allen Bradley, Parker CTC, ACAD Electrical, and etc.
- Demonstrated application and commitment of customer satisfaction.
- Good interpersonal oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to maintain professional conduct when dealing with customers, peers, builder representatives and suppliers.
- Demonstrated self-starter and effective planning and organization skills.
- Ability to participate as a member of a team, crossing department, divisional and company lines.
- Ability to use PC and job related software/programs for programming, design and documentation/record keeping.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and evening hours as demanded by project deadline requirements.
- Must be able to travel in support of training, out-of-state or out-of-country customers (up to 30%), and assist other divisions as required to support business demand.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid United States passport and out-of-country work visas. Require clear criminal and driving records.
- Ability to obtain a major credit card based on your own personal credit history to utilize for business expenses and travel requirements. Gosiger provides business expense reimbursement within two weeks of submission and approval
- Manufacturing work environment which includes; moving mechanical machine parts, potentially loud equipment, with exposure to a variety of non-hazardous and hazardous chemicals and airborne particles.
- Work uniforms are company provided
- Hands on work with machine tool equipment.
- Computer screen viewing and keyboard entry.
- Employee requirement to utilize Gosiger and customer safety guidelines and procedures.
- Lifting up to 50lbs, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, standing, climbing, step stool climbing.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and education and an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-228-5174.