Automation Robotics Assembly Technician - Gosiger Automation
Incumbent performs machine and automation assembly and preparation, field service and customer site installations.
Note: Based on education/formal training, demonstrated skills and abilities incumbent has a career path to Mechanical Design Engineering, Controls Engineering, or Robotics Programming.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assemble automation and machines per the bill of material and design.
- Performs installation of all attachments that require electrical, pneumatic, and/or hydraulic connections.
- Performs Installation of Gosiger upgrades and retrofits on machines.
- Ensure proper documentation is completed for any modifications altered from original design.
- Incumbent ensures high quality levels/standards in all work performed and follows all safety procedures and requirements.
- Properly packs and prepares automation cell/systems for shipment to customer. Ensures orderly packing to enable an expedited unpacking and installation a systematic order.
- Travels by vehicle or plane for cell/system installation at customer site; pre-ships tools, and installs cell/system on customer floor meeting POC time frames. Ensures work area is clean and orderly “daily”; at customer site during installation.
- Performs problem solving and troubleshooting of automated equipment.
- Consults with other team members, internal departments and/or external vendors to resolve issues related to installation and service/repair.
- Accurately documents, completes and reports required information for work records and reports.
- At all times ensures work area is clean and orderly “daily”; before & after assembly and shipment preparation. Maintains a clean work environment.
- Ensures all activities are done safely and follows procedures and guidelines when working in a production environment.
- Ensures processes and procedures allow efficiency in work performed.
- Based on business need, assists, supports and/or performs other job functions within department or other work area’s within scope and ability.
- Responsible for maintaining current technical, interpersonal, and communication skills through continuous development. Progressive development of skills should be cultivated through further education, seminars, company training and other external resources such as reading material.
- High School Diploma with demonstrated experience in mechanical and electrical assembly.
- Good working knowledge of electrical systems and troubleshooting skills.
- Have, at minimum, a basic knowledge in the use of computers and common software packages.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Good representation and communication skills as a representative of Gosiger Inc. to assigned customers.
- Demonstrated self-starter and effective planning and organization skills.
- Must be detail orientated and demonstrate the ability to maintain and work to a schedule.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and evening hours as required.
- A valid Driver License, a good driving record, and the ability to legally operate a company vehicle/or personal vehicle for company business.
- Must be able to travel up to a minimum of 30% of time and maximum of 80% of the time.
- Must be able to travel in support of training, out-of-state or out-of-country customers, and assist other divisions as required to support business demand.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Passport.
- Ability to obtain a major credit card based on your own personal credit history to utilize for business expenses and occasional travel requirements. Gosiger provides business expense reimbursement within two weeks of submission and approval.
- Manufacturing work environment which includes; moving mechanical machine parts, potentially loud equipment, with exposure to a variety of non-hazardous and hazardous chemicals and airborne particles.
- Automation work shirts provided.
- Hands on work with machine tool equipment.
- Employee requirement to utilize Gosiger, OSHA, and customer safety guidelines and procedures.
- Lifting up to 50lbs, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, standing, climbing, step stool climbing.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and education and an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume via email to email@example.com or call 937-228-5174.