Applications Engineer - HFO Torrance
Under minimal direction provides technical expertise to internal/external customers ensuring customer development, retention and satisfaction.
The incumbent designs and develops machine programming processes to create part (s), and is responsible for customer machine set-up, programming, run off’s, machine operation and program training to ensure optimum efficiency and equipment utilization. The incumbent also provides applications troubleshooting phone support as required. Our Applications Engineers work as a member of the Sales and Service teams ensuring total customer satisfaction.
Essential Accountabilities and Measures
- Builds internal/external customer and vendor relationships to ensure team work environment.
- Performs pre-sale technical sales support to sales team & customer.
- As a member of the machine set-up team; performs tooling & fixturing set-ups, programming, and run off ensuring optimum cycle time based on established acceptable criteria.
- Interprets part prints and utilizing tooling and fixturing knowledge, designs and develops machine programming process to create part(s).
- Performs customer phone support for Applications troubleshooting i.e. program errors. Tracks unresolved open customer technical issues. Works closely with the Service Team in providing timely and quality technical trouble – shooting and support to customers.
- Provides on-site and in-house customer training on machine operations and basic troubleshooting. Ensures operators are trained to perform machine operations in an efficient manner.
- Provides customer machine specific Application Program Training for machine set-up functions & program modifications for custom attachments.
- Travels to customer site; locally and as required, out-of-state to support customers.
- Provides assistance, support and works at trade shows and company sponsored technical training seminars.
- Creates and maintains records including documentation and reporting for machine & programming processes.
- Assists in project management ensuring timely follow-up and follow through on all assigned tasks & projects.
- Performs projects and tasks within assigned timeframes.
- Attend and participate in sales, service, company, and customer meetings as requested.
- Responsible for maintaining current technical, interpersonal, and communication skills through continuous development. Progressive development of skills should be cultivated through further education, seminars, company training and other external resources such as reading material.
- Based on business need, assists, supports and/or performs other duties within scope and ability. Assumes accountability and responsibility for assigned projects and programs.
There are two levels of Applications Engineers: Level 1; Degree or formal coursework/ education in field, experience in “basic” & “moderately complex” Application skills, Level II; Degree or formal coursework/education, experience in complex Applications.
- Two-year degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related field; or the equivalent in formal course work & work experience; or work experience equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of machine tool products, options and functions. Must have experience and application of programming, program modification, and set-up, statistical process and evaluation criteria i.e. CPK, well versed in geometric tolerances, ability to read and interpret blue prints, design and develop processes for machine tool equipment.
- Demonstrated business writing and documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter and effective use of organization and planning skills.
- Demonstrated Project Management Skills.
- PC literate and skill efficiency in job related software/programs.
- Ability to participate as a member of a team, crossing department and divisional lines
- Office & manufacturing work environment which includes; moving mechanical machine parts, potentially loud equipment, with exposure to a variety of non-hazardous and hazardous chemicals and airborne particles.
- Hands on work with machine tool equipment.
- CRT viewing and key entry
- Internal/external customer communications with vendor contact
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and education and an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume via email to email@example.com or call 937-228-5174.